If you know details are missing or incorrect, please contact the Parish Office on 028 6632 2075 or email email@example.com
St Michael's Church (21/06/2012)
St Michael's Church dates back to 1875. (An earlier church built in 1803 was located on the lower part of the present site). St Michael's was built in the French Gothic Revival style of architecture. The nave has thirteen bays of French Gothic windows.
The paintings of the Transfiguration, the Sermon on the Mount, Magdalen at the feet of our Lord, the Baptism in the Jordan, were by Charles Russell who worked in the 1890's while the Nativity window by Michael Healy was commissioned twenty years later.
The church was re-dedicated by Bishop Duffy on the 29th September 1996 following its re-ordering in accordance with Vatican II. Part of the re-ordering was bringing the altar closer to the congregation. On the front of the altar is a beautiful sculpture of the PietŠ.
The beautiful organ on gallery was rebuilt using solid African walnut in 2000-'01. It was blessed by Bishop Duffy on 28th June 2001.