Revised Regulation in Church Attendance: 8 January - 6 February 2021
(subject to review)
"Stay At Home"
The Catholic Bishops of Northern Ireland have released a statement giving the context of the changes that they have asked us to make. The main practical instruction is as follows:
In light of our ongoing consultations and of the current serious and worsening situation, and in line with clear public health guidance that people should stay at home, we have decided that for a limited period (from midnight on Thursday 7 January until Saturday 6 February 2021, subject to review in late January), the celebration of the Eucharist and other liturgies should take place without the physical presence of the faithful - with the exception of marriage, funeral, baptismal liturgies and drive-in services (subject to regulations). Arrangements for recording and/or livestreaming, and making individual visits for private prayer are also permissible in accordance with regulations. We encourage parishes, where possible, to continue to broadcast the celebration of Mass - and other devotions and prayer services - online and on other media, knowing that faith and prayer can be a tremendous support to individuals and society during these difficult times.
Consequently the following now apply:
(1) During this present lockdown phase, all Masses in St Michael’s Church will be online via the Parish Webcam only
(2) St Michael’s Church will open for personal prayer during this time from 10.45am until 5pm.
(3) On mornings where there is a funeral, St Michael’s Church will open at 12.30pm.
(4) When there is an intention for the Sunday Mass that would have been in St Mary’s Church, Lisbellaw, that intention will be included in the 10.30am Sunday Mass in St Michael’s Church. It is expected that Mass in St Mary’s will resume when the present lockdown lifts.
(5) The arrangements for Funerals remain as set out elsewhere in this Messenger
(6) The arrangements for Baptisms remain as previously set out. All baptism are in the vestibule of the St Michael’s Crypt Chapel. Only the infant, the parent(s)/guardian(s), the infant’s siblings and two godparents may be present. Phone or email the parish office for arrangements.
(7) Wedding bookings and enquiries by email only at this time: email@example.com
(8) When you enter the church, (a) wear a face covering (required by regulation at this time); (b) sanitise your hands; (c) maintain a distance of 2 metres from anyone else; (d) use only the benches around the wall of the church (please stay out of the centre benches).
(9) Remain at home if you are feeling in any way unwell.
(10) The usual Saturday arrangements for Individual Confession at St Michael’s remain suspended until the present lockdown ends.